No loving pet parent ever wants to imagine their cherished animal companion experiencing the need for emergency veterinary care. Unfortunately, accidents happen and sudden, unexpected illnesses occur.
We always recommend calling ahead, prior to bringing your pet in, so our staff can be prepared to deliver the care necessary as quickly as possible. We are here to tackle any emergency that comes up during regular business hours.
Here are a few options in the area for after-hours emergencies:
- VCA Veterinary Emergency Services (Janesville) — 608-314-3510
- Madison Veterinary Specialists (Madison) — 608-274-7772
- Animal Emergency Clinic of Rockford (Rockford) — 815-229-7791
Some of the signs that your pet may need urgent medical care include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Ingestion of a toxic substance or foreign object
- Swollen abdomen
- Difficulty urinating
- Vomiting or diarrhea that contains blood or lasts longer than 24 hours
- Broken bones
- Cuts, puncture wounds or lacerations
- Traumatic injury, such as from a fall or being struck by a vehicle